Clinical management of hormone-secreting tumors. Instructor prof Massimo Terzolo
- Prof. Massimo Terzolo (Coordinatore)
- Corso di studio
- Programma MD-PhD della Scuola di Medicina
- Frequenza di laboratori e/o reparti
- Tipologia esame
- Prova pratica
The research activity of Prof. Terzolo's group is mainly clinical and translational and implies the organization of academic-driven trials, prospective studies on selected patient cohorts and retrospective archive-based researches. The following topics are currently addressed as the main focus of research:
- Assessment of novel methods for the differential diagnosis of adrenal tumors by means of biomarkers and radiology techniques.
- Development of novel therapeutic strategies for the management of patients with hormone-secreting tumors.
- Development of novel therapeutic strategies for the management of patients with adrenal cancer.
Students attending Prof. Terzolo’s group will be exposed to advanced clinical practice including multi-disciplinary team management of complex cases, use of experimental drugs, care of patients with rare diseases. Students will have experience with issues in setting independent trials in orphan diseases as well as organization and implementation of cohort and case-control studies. They will also understand the interplay between clinics and lab for an efficient link between patient characteristics and biomaterial collection to do translational research. Principles of applying statistical analysis to data from rare disease patients will be addressed.
Attività di supporto
Collaboratori: Giuseppe Reimondo, Fulvia Daffara, Silvia De Francia.
Testi consigliati e bibliografia
- Progetto del Corso: Razionale di protocolli sperimentali in terapia oncologica
- Qualificazione scientifica del coordinatore: Link alle pubblicazioni del prof Terzolo su PubMed
- Struttura in cui si svolge attività di ricerca
A.O.U. San Luigi Gonzaga, SCDU Medicina Interna I ad Indirizzo Endocrinologico: Reparto di Degenza, Day Hospital, Ambulatorio del Carcinoma del Surrene, Laboratorio di Immunometria e Colture Cellulari.
The Department of Internal Medicine at San Luigi Hospital (head by Prof. M. Terzolo) is a tertiary referral center in Italy for patients bearing adrenal tumors. The department is committed to clinical research thanks to its large patient cohorts and a well-established network of national and international collaborations. The department comprises a clinical study center and laboratories equipped for biochemical and hormone determinations, and cellular cultures. The research facilities include a biobank containing samples of patients with adrenal tumors, and a web-based archive with complete patient annotations.
- Apertura registrazione
- 01/03/2020 alle ore 00:00
- Chiusura registrazione
- 31/12/2022 alle ore 23:55